The following is Corning Incorporated’s (“Corning,” “We” or “Our”) Privacy Notice related to the use of our online store “MASTERPIX™ FINE GLASS PRINTS”, hosted by Shopify, Inc. (“Shopify”). Please review these terms carefully.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
- When you purchase a product from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you provide, such as your name, address and email address. We use this information to communicate with you about your purchases from our store. We may also use this information to communicate with you about other products or services you may be interested in, if you provide your consent to receiving such communications from us as described below. You can opt out of receiving these communications by following the instructions provided.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we desire to use your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at MASTERPIX@corning.com with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY STORE AND PAYMENT
- Our store is hosted on Shopify, Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server protected by a firewall.
- We have selected Bank of America Merchant Services as the payment gateway to complete your purchase. Your payment information is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Bank of America Merchant Services adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, as noted above, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- Images you provide will be stored for thirty days following the completion of your order and then will be deleted. Your personal information will be retained within Shopify’s secure platform for use in connection with marketing and order fulfillment activities, unless we receive a written request from you to delete your personal information.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
In order to improve our store and your experience, we utilize certain “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit and your use of our store. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to a web browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. This information does not identify you personally, and every computer that accesses our store is assigned a different cookie by us. If you do not wish to accept cookies you will find instructions for disabling this function within your browser
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Data Privacy Office
One Riverfront Plaza
Corning, NY 14831